Young Victims

I am a young person. If I want to talk to someone, but don't want to give my name or address, where can I go?

The services for young victims listed on this website are all anonymous services, and will only take your details if you are willing to share them. 

If you do choose to share your personal details, these services will talk to you about getting support for whatever happens next.

Will I have to talk to talk to the Police and other people by myself?

If you're under 18, you are allowed to have someone with you (that's over the age of 18 years old) when you talk to the Police. 

If you do have to describe what happened if it goes to court, there is additional support provided by services so they can be with you. You may also get special measures such as being recorded on video instead of speaking in court in person.



When should I report to the Child Exploitation Online Partnership (CEOP)?

The Child Exploitation Online Partnership (CEOP) help children stay safe online.

Has someone acted inappropriately towards you online, or to a child or young person you know? It may be sexual chat, being asked to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or someone being insistent on meeting up. You can find out more information on what to report to CEOP on their website.

Where can a young person go for help if they have been a victim?

If you feel that you are in danger call 999. 

If the problem is less urgent you could talk to a trusted adult or friend.  This might be a parent or other family member, someone at school or a friend who can help support you.

You could also talk to a Police Officer, a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO), visit your local police station or call the police non-emergency number on 101.

You can also visit or call the services found on this website.


Leave site now