Safe in Sussex
Safe in Sussex provides support to victims and survivors of domestic abuse in the following ways:
- Confidential refuge provision for women and children
- Amber House Community Refuge, providing early intervention including a behavioural change programme delivered offsite supporting the whole family to end domestic abuse
- Men's domestic abuse support service in West Sussex
- Freedom programme, a 12 week rolling course to help women understand the beliefs held by the abusive partner, to gain confidence and improve the quality of their lives.
- The Domestic Abuse Recovery Toolkit, 12 week programme helping women to overcome the psychological trauma of domestic abuse
- Adverse Childhood Recovery toolkit, a programme for men and women who have grown up in a household where there has been trauma including but not limited domestic abuse, substance misuse, mental health
- Support for children and young people including one to one and small group work
- Educational programmes for young people helping them to make safe healthy relationships.